Code of Ethics
Declaration of Principles
A profession is distinguished by certain characteristics or attributes, including:
- Mastery of a particular intellectual skill through education and training
- Acceptance of duties to a broader society than merely one’s clients/employers
- High standards of conduct and performance
The Global Alliance bases its professional principles therefore on the fundamental value and dignity of the individual. The GA believes in and support the free exercise of human rights, especially freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, and freedom of the media, which are essential to the practice of good public relations.
In serving the interest of clients and employers, the GA dedicates ourselves to the goals of better communication,
understanding, and cooperation among diverse individuals, groups, and institutions of society. The Alliance also subscribes to and supports equal opportunity of employment in the public relations profession and lifelong professional development.
Following that, the Global Alliance pledges:
- To conduct ourselves professionally, with integrity, truth, accuracy, fairness, and responsibility to our clients, our client publics, and to an informed society
- To improve our individual competence and advance the knowledge and proficiency of the profession through continuing education and research and where available, through the pursuit of professional accreditation
- To adhere to the principles of the Code of Professional Standards for the Practice of Public Relations.
Download the GA Code of Ethics