IABC EuroComm 2013
Disruptive communications in disruptive times
EuroComm is IABC’s biennial regional forum for international business communicators. More than 100 business communication professionals - decision makers in leading companies and organizations across the region - gather to hear the latest developments and best practices in communication, and make the connections to advance their programmes and careers.
This year’s EuroComm theme: "Disruptive Communications in Disruptive times" will be explored in two streams:
- Europe in an age of disruption – an exploration of today’s business communication environment.
- Reinventing communication – the strategies and tactics to thrive in our disruptive environment.
Over two jam packed days EuroComm 2013 will bring you:
1. INDUSTRY INSIGHTS IN OUR PLENARY SESSIONS
In a series of short, sharp, ‘TED’-style, 18 minute sessions, we will hear from leading speakers from across industries. During those sessions we will learn the current state of play and hear success stories from brands and organisations in Government, NGO, B2B and B2C.
The sessions will cut cross disciplines – from public relations, crisis communication, organisational change, sustainability, and much more. In our panel discussions after the sessions, we will open up the debate to all.
2. COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES AND TACTICS IN OUR WORKSTREAMS
In our workstreams we will provide strategies and tactics to develop new models of communications in our age of change. Our presenters will deliver practical frameworks for, and spark discussion on sustainability, crisis management, leadership, public relations, and more.
3. A NEW MINDSET, THANKS TO OUR HYPERTHINKER PANEL
A panel of ‘Hyperthinkers’ – experts in adapting our way of thinking to the new business communications environment – will focus on the mindset and capabilities we need to succeed. For more on ‘Hyperthinking’ visit the Hyperthinker blog here.
KEY SPEAKERS - http://tinyurl.com/eurocommspeak:
- Robert Madelin, director general of the European Commission’s directorate-general for Communications Networks, Content and Technology (DG CONNECT).
- Christian Engstrom, Swedish Pirate Party deputy chairman, MEP, activist and champion of both the freedom of information, and human rights.
Margaret O’Donnell, digital media manager at the British Red Cross
More speakers to be announced soon.
Registration for this year’s EuroComm is open!
Tickets include an invitation to the Welcome Drinks Reception at the Grand Place, Hôtel de Ville, Wednesday 10th April.
Lunch and refreshments on Thursday and Friday, 11th and 12th April are also included.