PRIA Annual Conference 2014
The latest and the best PR advice from the biggest brands and decision makers
The 2014 Public Relations Institute of Australia (PRIA) National Conference takes place 23-25 November 2014 at the Brisbane Convention Centre, Queensland. This year’s Power Shift will guide professional communicators through the changing landscape of our industry. Just one week after the international G20 Summit, the conference will tackle issues and adversity head on; fine-tune your industry specialties, deal with the tough stuff, explore behavioural shifts and showcase the best that global PR has to offer.
This year’s Power Shift has more than 40 speakers in 15 sessions taking you through the shifts in:
- The Global State of the PR nation
- Changing the World – from social media to street rallies
- PR 2015 – Steering PRadically into the future
- Postcards from the edge - a regional perspective
- Campaigns that make you go hmmm
- Copyright Agency
- Shifting quantitative to qualitative – how big brands use data
- Show me (the value for) the money
- The pitch
- Changing brand perceptions
- Welcome to the Content Hub
- Contactors versus consultancies
- Tackling the rolls
- How important is the in-house PR department
- Showcasing talent – what makes a standout PR
- Crisis management
- How social media is changing our personal and world views
- Content marketing: the press release test
- Digitising content
- Creativity unleashed
- The voices behind major PR events
- And finishing off with an international disruptor.
The four streams include:
- Big picture PR – the view from the top
- Internal/external BEST practices
- Crisis PR from the frontline
- Latest industry shifts in social and digital media.
The Power Shift sessions are relevant for external consultancy PR practitioners and professional communicators, in-house practitioners in corporate, government, not-for-profit, and academic field with ample networking opportunities. The master class experience will continue from last year with delegates enjoying everything Brisbane has to offer, together with the national Golden Target Awards dinner, and academic stream in the main conference.
For more information, please visit PRIA website