AGM 2013 - Helsinki
The Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management held its Annual General Meeting and its Association Leaders' Meeting in Helsinki, Finland on June 3, 2013. Leaders of GA member associations from 19 ocuntries gathered to share common challenges and opportunities in association managment. The event was hosted by ProCom, the Finnish Association of Communication Professionals.
During the meeting, Global Alliance Chair Daniel Tisch presented the 2012 Annual Report providing an overview of the key activities and initiatives conducted by the Global Alliance in 2012/2013.
The Annual Meeting also saw the election of a new board of directors taking office July 1st 2013. The new board includes leading practitioners, academics and industry association leaders, with representation from every continent:
- Anne Gregory, FCIPR,CIPR (United Kingdom), as Chair until June 30, 2015
- Gregor Halff, IPRS (Singapore), as Chair-Elect until June 30, 2015
- Daniel Tisch, APR, CPRS (Canada), as Immediate Past-Chair until June 30, 2015
- William Murray, PRSA (United States), as treasurer until June 30, 2014
- Catherine Arrow, FPRINZ FCIPR (New Zealand), as Secretary until June 30 2015
- Regina Pinna-Marfurt, USI (Switzerland), as CAO Ex Officio
- Therese Manus Hønningstad, NCA (Norway), as Delegate-at-large until June 30, 2014
- José Manuel Velasco, Dircom (Spain), as Delegate-at-large until June 30, 2015
- Dorothee Hutter, DPRG (Germany), as Delegate-at-large until June 30, 2014
- Biagio Oppi, FERPI (Italy), as Delegate-at-large until June 30 2015
- Mark Schumann, IABC (United States), as Delegate-at-Large until June 30 2015
- Judy Van Slyke Turk, Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), as Delegate-at-large until June 30, 2015
- Mateus Furlanetto, ABERJE (Brazil), as Regional Delegate until June 30, 2014
- Jeff Naqvi, PRIA (Australia), as Regional Delegate until June 30, 2014
- Adele Paulsen, PRISA (South Africa), as Regional Delegate until June 30, 2014
On June 4 the Global Alliance in co-operation with ProCom ran the Nordic, Baltic and Russian PR Leadership Forum in conjunction with ProCom's largest annual event, ProCom Day. The overall theme was "Communication, people and leadership" and saw the participation of keynote speakers such as GA Chair Daniel Tisch, who opened the seminar by introducing the participants to the Melbourne Manidate and moderated the international program of the PR Leadership Forum, Ms. Päivi Kärkkäinen, General Director for the Finnish National Opera and Andrey Barannikov, CEO, SPN Ogilvy, Vice Chair of the Russian PR Association and Chair of the Russian Communication Consultancies Association.
For more information:
- Read the AGM press release
- Pictures of the Global Alliance Annual General Meeting in Helsinki
- For any additional information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org