Are you ready to serve the world of public relations? Global Alliance seeks candidates for its Executive Board
As the Global Alliance enters its fourteenth year of service to the international public relations and communication management profession, we extend an invitation for senior leaders to become candidates for the Global Alliance Executive Board.
You may submit a nomination by identifying a potential leader from your organization or region who meets the eligibility requirements set forth below and has both the skill and the passion to advance our profession.
Candidates for the following positions on the Global Alliance Board are to be elected at the 2014 Global Alliance Annual General Meeting and Board Meeting in Lugano, Switzerland on June 20-22nd, 2014.
- Treasurer (1) for a two-year term to June 30, 2016
- Delegates-at-Large (2) for a two-year term to June 30, 2016
- Regional Delegates-at-large (3) for a one-year term to June 30, 2015
Nominations for the above positions must come from a GA National Association Member in good standing. A self-nomination must have the support of the candidate’s GA member association.
Please note that incumbents may be eligible for re-election.
Nominations/applications, in the form of a summary outline or narrative of qualifications, should be submitted to the GA Nominations Committee Chair, Daniel Tisch (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Interested individuals are encouraged to contact the Nominations Chair for further guidance. Individuals may seek election to any position; however, the Committee reserves the right, after discussion with candidates, to recommend individuals for different positions as circumstances dictate.
To be eligible, a candidate must be:
- A senior public relations/communication management professional; member in good standing/or senior staff of a GA member association; with a strong network in the industry or academia.
- Well-versed in GA objectives and supportive of its broad goals.
- Able to work in a highly diverse, multi-cultural environment and comfortable with English as the GA’s working language.
- Supported by a nomination from his/her GA member organization.
- Willing to self-fund (or secure financial support) and participate in up to six teleconferences per year and attend at least two GA meetings per year (one Executive Board meeting and the Annual General Meeting), including the World Public Relations Forum and GA meetings in Madrid, Spain on September 18-23, 2014.
- Willing to accept assignments and make significant contribution to a hard-working Board.
- Willing and able to promote the GA within his/her region, including making invitations to potential partners and sponsors.
The deadline for submitting a completed nomination/application is April 30, 2014.
Download the GA Nominations Committee notice