Asia Rising - Conference Report
The Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management was a conference co-sponsor and Sukanti Ghosh, a Post-graduate of the University of Lugano, MSCom program and recipient of a Global Alliance MSCom Scholarship was a featured panelist; Mr. Ghosh is managing director, India, Apco India
These are among the many important insights delivered by "Asia Rising" speakers:
- PAA Survey
- Government relations is the most important service
- - Asia is changing rapidly from "The Factory to the Supermarket of the World
- - Asian countries are not homogenous approach service on a country by country basis
- - Outcomes take longer manage expectations
- - Talent is in short supply
- Local/state governments can be quite powerful.
- In the Indian legislature a bill proposes that 2% of corporate profits be devoted to CSR.
- In some countries, policy is made by ministerial decree.
- Corruption and lack of transparency must be avoided at all costs.
- Development projects can raise public affairs issues (such as airport expansion/aircraft noise resisted by local community).
The "Asia Rising" conference is one of several facets of the cooperative agreement between PublicAffairsAsia and The Global Alliance
PublicAffairsAsia is a quarterly MAGAZINE and ONLINE network offering in-depth analysis of the issues facing public affairs and corporate communications professionals involved in Asia. It will be rich in case studies and best practice, including country and sector profiles, news on appointments, plus crisp and insightful analysis from the world's leading public affairs and corporate communications professionals. http://www.publicaffairsasia.com/