EUPRERA 2012 Congress "Researching the Changing Profession of Public Relations" - Call for Papers
EUPRERA 2012 Congress
Call for Papers
"Researching the Changing Profession of Public Relations"
In recent years, profession of public relations shows drastic changes and more mission is included by field. Since this growing task difficulty requires new definition of public relational missions, transformation and changing of public relations as profession should be researched and analyzed related to future of the profession.
1. Status and trends of the public relations profession in European countries and
- Perception of public relation as a profession in different countries
- New tendencies in public relation as a profession in different countries
- Description of mission differences in public relation profession
2. Comparative public relations research: Methodological challenges, empirical
data, case studies
- New research methods in Public Relations
- Study cases related to changes in public relations
- Empirical researches related to changes in public relations
3. Governance of the public relations profession: Standards for education, codes of
ethics, role enactment
- Changing of public relations’ education
- Need for new ethical codes
- Roles that public relations experts play
4. New frontiers for the profession: Litigation PR, mediation and dialogue, social
media, advising the top management
- Contribution of public relations to dialog
- Usage of social media in profession of public relation
- Mentorship of public relation experts to executives
5. Innovative research in public relations and strategic communication.
- New approaches to public relations field
- Researches related to operation process of strategic communication
- Empirical insights in strategic communication in Europe
Academics and practitioners are invited to submit papers relating to the general theme and with one or more of the sub-themes. All relevant academic, and interdisciplinary, approaches are welcomed, such as sociology, psychology, business theory, organizational theory, media sciences and communication sciences.
Papers from PhD students and practitioners about the conference theme are welcomed. We are planning to organize a special session for these papers.
Abstract and paper submission
All who are interested in presenting a paper on the above and related topics are invited to submit a paper for consideration. Every paper will be submitted to a two-person double-blind reviewing process by representatives from EUPRERA and the local organizers.
For the submission please go to www.euprera.org/congress2012
Relevant dates to be considered:
a. Deadline for abstracts: February 3, 2012
b. Feedback on abstracts: March 5, 2012
c. Deadline for full papers: July 7, 2012
d. Feedback on full papers: August 3, 2012
e. Deadline for final version: August 31, 2012
Abstracts should be 800 words, excluding tables and figures. The required format of submission is electronic (MSWord for Windows or for Mac). See abstracts and full papers format requirements for details.
Full papers should be maximum 7,000 words, excluding tables, figures, and references. See abstracts and full papers format requirements for details.
Language for both abstracts and full papers: English
Address for both abstracts and full papers: www.euprera.org/congress2012
All the papers will be published in a protected area of the congress website, open only to the congress participants and Euprera members.
For this congress three types of publications are planned:
1. Best papers will be published following the congress in a book.
2. Selected papers will be published in the Journal of Communication Management.
3. Selected papers will be published in the Istanbul University Communication Faculty
Euprera Jos Willems Awards
The Jos Willems Award is presented for the best BA and MA dissertations in Public Relations or Communication studies. Winners in both categories will each receive a cash prize and certificate and their papers will be published on the Euprera website. They are also invited to present their papers at the Euprera 2012 Congress, where their registration will be free of charge and their travel and accommodation expenses will be met by Euprera.
Additional benefits include individual recognition as an author and recognition for the winners' institutions as centers of excellence in Public Relations and Communications studies. The deadline for submission of abstracts is April 30th, 2012. For additional information on the award, please visit the award page or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
All participants in the conference, including those who present papers, must register electronically. Registrations will open in June 2012. Further information concerning conference fees, accommodation and travelling to and from Istanbul will be made available on the congress website as soon as the registration for participation opens.
For more information please e-mail: email@example.com
President of Euprera: Professor Emanuele Invernizzi
Congress Responsible: Professor Aydemir Okay, Istanbul University
Congress Organizing Team
Professor Ayla Okay, Istanbul University
Assoc.Prof.Yesim Gücdemir, Istanbul University
Dr.Feride Akim, Istanbul University
Dr.Esra Arcan, Istanbul University
Betül Önay, Istanbul University
Tonguç Sezen, Istanbul University
A.Seçkin Canan, Istanbul University
ABSTRACT AND FULL PAPERS FORMAT REQUIREMENTS
Page: A4 Format; Upper margin: 3 cm; Lower margin: 3 cm; Left margin: 3 cm; Right margin: 3 cm.
Main title: TIMES NEW ROMAN 14 CAPITAL LETTERS BOLD, centered
Author: First name and last name : Times new roman 12 bold, centered
University or organization : Times new roman 12 normal, centered
E-mail : Times new roman 12 normal, centered
Names and addresses of the authors must be written only on the front page. e.g. : John Flag, University of Nowhere, e-mail
Kew words: Times new roman 12 bold
Text: Times new roman 12 normal, space between the lines 1,5 rows, justified paragraph
Abstracts should be no longer than 500 words, table and figures excluded.
Full papers should be no longer than 7,000 words, tables, figures and references excluded.
Space before the first line: 18 pt
Title of part: Capital letters Times new roman 12 bold
Title of sub-part (rank 1): Times new roman 12 bold italic
Title of sub-part (rank 2): Times new roman 12 normal italic
Titles of tables or exhibits: all called Exhibit 1 to n as they appear: Times new roman 10 normal
Notes and references: Times new roman 12 normal e.g.: Argenti P., (2003), Corporate Communication, Mc Graw Hill, New York. Barney J.K., (1991), "Firm Resources and Sustained Competitive Advantage", Journal of Management, n. 17.
Dowload the Call for Papers