Euprera annual congress in Barcelona: investigating 'Strategic Public Relations. Public Values and Cultural Identity'
Euprera annual congress this year will focus on “Strategic Public Relations. Public Values and Cultural Identity”. More and more Public Relations is considered a growing professional field in communication. In a more interactive society organizations need to align their actions with social demands and values: Public Relations’ main role is to seek legitimacy to act and influence opinion makers and public, media and political agenda. This congress aims to analyse strategies and tools, as well as procedures and indicators for the analysis: indeed, we are at a crossroad for our profession as it is facing crucial changes.
The congress will take three days, October 3-5, and will be articulated in paper sessions as well as plenary sessions, including keynote speeches by Robert L. Heath, Josep Rota, J. Gregory Payne e Brad Pick. In particular, authors’ contributions will focus on the following issues:
1. Strategic Public Relations. Organisational roles and functions
- New challenges. Strategic versus Tactical PR
- New opportunities. Increasing PR Strategies as a key strategy for organisational development
Development of integrated communication strategies by agencies and consultancies
2. Organizational policies and public values
- Trends and challenges of public relations roles in society organizations
- Governances, Corporate Culture and Social engagement
Leadership and Change Management
3. Cultural, National and Global issues
- Social Analysis research and public opinion
- General interest and Corporate Social Responsibility
National versus global; brands, companies, institutions and countries
4. Public opinion and Networks, Public Sphere and Agenda Building
- Value of Relationships with Strategic Publics of Organizations
- Scenario Building in crisis and issues management
Spin doctoring and persuasion. Speech writing and delivery
5. Grass Roots influence and Community Engagement
- Social media and dialogue
- Public representation and opinion leadership
- Measurement and Monitoring of communicative processes
Following the congress, PhD students are invited to attend the Euprera PhD Seminar: the annual appointment aimed to provide an international setting where doctoral students in PR and corporate communication can present their on-going work, get feedback from experts and peers and establish a valuable network for the future.
For more details on programme, travel and accommodation, social activities and registration, please visit the congress website www.euprera.org/congress2013. Early registration fees will be available until July 20th!
The European Public Relations Education and Research Association (Euprera) is an autonomous organization that aims at stimulating and promoting innovative knowledge and practices of PR education and research in Europe. Euprera cooperates with the most prominent PR associations, scientific journals and practitioners coming from different countries. Members of Euprera are both academics and practitioners.