GA Participates in the 2nd European Summit on Measurement, Barcelona
The agreement came at the 2nd European Summit on Measurement after the leaders of five global PR and measurement and evaluation bodies and 200 delegates voted overwhelmingly to adopt seven key principles. The ‘Barcelona Declaration of Research Principles' are:
- Goal setting and measurement are fundamental aspects of any PR programmes.
- Media measurement requires quantity and quality - cuttings in themselves are not enough.
- Advertising Value Equivalents (AVEs) do not measure the value of PR and do not inform future activity.
- Social media can and should be measured.
- Measuring outcomes is preferred to measuring media results.
- Business results can and should be measured where possible.
- Transparency and Replicability are paramount to sound measurement.
Read full media release: Summit agrees framework of global programme measurement standard.
View GA Chair's presentation HERE.