Global Alliance Board Meeting & Special Member's Meeting Update
- John Paluszek, Chair (PRSA, U.S.A.)
- Daniel Tisch, Chair-Elect (CPRS, Canada)
- Amanda Succi, Secretary (FERPI, Italy)
- William Murray, Treasurer (PRSA, U.S.A.)
- Thorsten Luetzler (DPRG, Germany)
Global Alliance Center
- Nina Volles, GA Center (USI, Switzerland)
- Jennifer Hayes, GA Center (USI, Switzerland)
- Catherine Arrow (PRINZ, New Zealand)
The morning's board meeting proceeded with the following items on the agenda:
- Chair's report
- Board appointments
- Articles revision
- Financial reports
- Progress report from the Global Alliance center on completed and current projects
- Discussion of relationship with Università della Svizzera italiana, Global Alliance's main sponsor
- CERP Partnership with Global Alliance
- Partnerships with PR Wire & Haymarket
- World Public Relations Forum (WPRF)
The Global Alliance Board meeting minutes are now available for DOWNLOAD.
Global Alliance Special Membership Meeting (November 15, 2009)
Global Alliance Board
- John Paluszek, Chair, -Public Relations Society of America, USA
- Dan Tisch, Chair-elect, Canadian Public Relations Society, Canada
- William Murray, Treasurer, Public Relations Society of America, USA
- Amanda Jane Succi, Secretary, Federazione Relazioni Pubbliche Italiane, Italy
- Thorsten Luetzler, Board Member, German Public Relations Association, Germany
Global Alliance Center
- Nina Volles, Secretary General, GA Center, Lugano
- Jennifer Hayes, Executive Officer, GA Center, Lugano
- Lisbeth Asgard, Norwegian Public Relations Association, Norway
- Annette Martell, International Association of Business Communicators, USA
- Elina Melgin, Finnish Public Relations Association, Finland
- Sylvia Nylin, Swedish Public Relations Association, Sweden
- Allar Tankler, Estonian Public Relations Association, Estonia
- Jean Valin, Canadian Public Relations Society, Canada
- Motion to make special amendments to the Global Alliance articles passed with no opposition
- The approval of new board appointments went ahead unopposed
The Global Alliance Special Membership meeting minutes are now available for DOWNLOAD.
- Global Curriculum Project: In phase I of the project, researchers identified 218 PR degree, certificate and diploma programs in 39 countries; phase II will involve interviewing experts to evaluate course content, recommend best practices and suggest ideal PR educational models.
- World Public Relations Forum: There has been exciting progress on next year's WPRF in Sweden. Speakers include the Swedish foreign minister and the chief communications officer of Royal Dutch Shell, the #1 company on the Fortune 500. We are also planning an interactive process in which delegates will debate priorities for the global PR profession.
- Sharing knowledge on the Web: There has been significant growth in the GA's online presence, with some 400 daily visits to the GA site, and thousands of subscribers to our first newsletter.
- Media partnerships: We are close to launching substantial partnerships which will facilitate the global distribution of GA news and information - both inside and outside the profession.
- Association management: We are developing a model for a program to train PR association managers, and to enable experienced ones to share best practices.
- Reforming the GA board structure to enable representation from all continents, and to add a permanent voting representative on the board for non-national associations
- Simplifying the organization's decision-making structure
- Creating an ex-officio, non-voting position on the board for our new Chief Administrative Officer, thus facilitating our partnership with the University that hosts the GA Secretariat; and
- Creating a clear process for future amendments to the Articles
For full list of key highlights click HERE.