GA Annual General Meeting 2012: Sao Paulo
The Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management held a special GA Association Management Workshop, along with its Annual Meeting and South American Regional Conference in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on April 26-27 2012.
On this major event the participants had the opportunity to learn from other leaders of the world’s major PR and communications industry associations.
The role of communication in organizational sustainability was the key theme of the conference, which focused also on other main topics such as leadership, intercultural communication and digital media. The Seminar on Intercultural Communication saw the participation of a great array of Brazilian and international speakers, with senior communicators from CPFL, Itau, Natura, Petrobras and other leading Brazil-based companies.
This has also been an exciting opportunity for participants to take the pulse of the vibrant Brazilian corporate communications industry.
On Friday, April 27 2012 the GA gathered for an intense Association Management Workshop, followed by the 10th Annual General Meeting. Together with the presentation of the 2011 Annual Report, the AGM re-elected the following members of the Board:
- William Murray, President and COO PRSA (United States), as treasurer until June 30, 2014
- Elina Melgin, ProCom (Finland), as Delegate-at-large until June 30, 2014
- Dorothee Hutter, DPRG (Germany) as Delegate-at-large until June 30, 2014
- Ronel Rensburg, PRISA (South Africa) as Regional Representative until June 30, 2013
- Mateus Furlanetto, ABERJE (Brazil) as Regional Representative until June 30, 2013
- Dr. Gregor Halff, IPRS (Singapore) as Regional Representative until June 30, 2013
For more information:
- Visit the South American Regional Conference website
- Read the press release
- Pictures of the South American Regional Conference and the Global Alliance AGM
- For any additional information, please write to email@example.com