Several organizations have called for a new global code of ethics. Additionally, Richard Edelman called on associations to create a coalition to establish a PR Compact to address new demands on ethical standards for the PR industry.
We invite public relations and communication professionals to participate in the USC Annenberg's 2017 Global Communications survey.
New Nominating Committee Report
We are pleased to inform you that the Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management has elected a new slate of board members during its Annual General Meeting in Toronto on 28 May 2016.
2016 PRSA Counselors to Higher Education Senior Summit
As a higher education communications counselor, strategic planning, crisis management and media relations are just a few of your responsibilities. Which higher education communications trends should you be on the lookout for in the semesters ahead?
Wed, Apr 13, 2016 8:30am - Fri, Apr 15, 2016 6:30pm
Royal Sonesta New Orlean300 Bourbon StreetNew Orleans, LA, 70130United States
Take notes on the latest on-the-job challenges and opportunities facing college and university counselors at the PRSA Counselors to Higher Education (CHE) Senior Summit. Designed by higher education communicators for higher education communicators, the senior summit's program is developed by the PRSA CHE Section.
- Update your 2016 programs, from crisis plans to everyday messaging, with best practice discussions on how to position your college or university’s brand.
- Create more strategic and interdepartmental partnerships to focus internal resources where they’re most needed.
- Streamline your budget by discovering the most effective tools to communicate with internal and external stakeholders on higher education issues.
- Sharpen your social media strategy, with insight on what you need to implement now (and what can wait for 2017).
- Develop stronger connections with fellow practitioners and key media during receptions, lunches, sessions and refreshment breaks.
- Check out the latest products and the most advanced solutions on the market to help you reach your organizational goals.
The 9th edition of the World Public Relations Forum will be held on May 29-31, 2016 in Toronto, Canada, on the theme Communication across cultures and it will be hosted by the Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS).
The WPRF 2016 will be one of the largest assemblies of public relations and communications professionals from around the world, and a unique opportunity to gather professionals with academics, producing important outcomes for the advancement of the profession. View the news release.
- See more at: http://globalalliancepr.org/website/page/world-public-relations-forum-2016-toronto#sthash.pHCwBtUO.dpuf
It’s been five years since the industry rallied around the Barcelona Declaration of Measurement Principles, agreeing to the first overarching framework for effective public relations (PR) and communication measurement.
The original goal was straightforward: provide guidelines to measure efficacy of communication campaigns; provide a basis to enable the replacement of outdated program measurement models and ultimately to end years of debate as to whether metrics such as AVEs and multipliers should be used. Here are the updated principles and supporting documents.