Does public relations really matter? I have rarely been as optimistic as after the World Public Relations Forum 2016 that was co-hosted by the Canadian Public Relations Association and the Global Alliance in Toronto last month: While nationalism and nativism are on the rise globally, we spent 3 days exploring how to improve ‘Communications Across Cultures’.
Global Communications Report
The new Global Communications Report provides unprecedented insight into the evolution of the global communication industry by analysing emerging trends in talent, structure, compensation and diversity on both the client and agency sides of our global industry. More importantly, the Report helps those entering the PR industry better understand the skills and traits they will need to be successful in our dynamic profession and across markets.
The detailed results were presented at the World Public Relations Forum in Toronto on 29 may 2016.
New Nominating Committee Report
We are pleased to inform you that the Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management has elected a new slate of board members during its Annual General Meeting in Toronto on 28 May 2016.
The Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management (GA) is delighted to announce its finalists for the 2016 COMM PRIX Awards in the category PR Programs as the 2016 COMM PRIX Awards winner in the category Academic Case Studies.
The Global Alliance is proud to present you the results of the first ever Global Communications Report jointly conducted with the University of Southern California’s Center for Public Relations , the Holmes Report, the Institute for Public Relations, the International Association for Measurement and Evaluation of Communication, the PR Council, the Worldcom PR Group and PRSA.
2016 PRSA Counselors to Higher Education Senior Summit
As a higher education communications counselor, strategic planning, crisis management and media relations are just a few of your responsibilities. Which higher education communications trends should you be on the lookout for in the semesters ahead?
Wed, Apr 13, 2016 8:30am - Fri, Apr 15, 2016 6:30pm
Royal Sonesta New Orlean300 Bourbon StreetNew Orleans, LA, 70130United States
Take notes on the latest on-the-job challenges and opportunities facing college and university counselors at the PRSA Counselors to Higher Education (CHE) Senior Summit. Designed by higher education communicators for higher education communicators, the senior summit's program is developed by the PRSA CHE Section.
- Update your 2016 programs, from crisis plans to everyday messaging, with best practice discussions on how to position your college or university’s brand.
- Create more strategic and interdepartmental partnerships to focus internal resources where they’re most needed.
- Streamline your budget by discovering the most effective tools to communicate with internal and external stakeholders on higher education issues.
- Sharpen your social media strategy, with insight on what you need to implement now (and what can wait for 2017).
- Develop stronger connections with fellow practitioners and key media during receptions, lunches, sessions and refreshment breaks.
- Check out the latest products and the most advanced solutions on the market to help you reach your organizational goals.