The WPRF 2016 will be one of the largest assemblies of public relations and communication professionals from around the world, and a unique opportunity to gather professionals with academics, producing important outcomes for the advancement of the profession.
This year’s Forum will feature:
- The who’s who of public relations and communication professionals from across the globe gathered, for the first time in North America, to discuss the importance of “Communication across Cultures”
- Countless networking opportunities with influential members from various sectors of the global communication community
- Workshops, presentations and discussions on emerging trends and research findings from international experts
- The opportunity to help influence and shape the future of public relations and communication
- Exhibitors showcasing innovative products and services to help you deliver results for your clients / employees
- A Gala dinner celebrating both the winners of the CPRS National Awards of Excellence and the Global Alliance COMM PRIX Awards
- A chance to experience Canada’s diverse multicultural city, with its most popular attractions minutes away from our host venue, The Westin Harbour Castle
CO - CHAIR MESSAGE
With the innovations in technology, the way we communicate has evolved over the past decade, both granting and requiring the ability to reach global audiences with ease. Communicators have realized the importance of a globally minded and culturally diverse strategy of communication that ensures the effective delivery of messaging to all audiences, regardless of cultural background.
On behalf of the Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management and the Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) we’re thrilled to invite you to the 2016 World Public Relations Forum on May 29th – 31st, 2016 in Toronto, Canada.
This year’s theme, Communication Across Cultures, highlights the global nature of the World Public Relations Forum, and of communication today. Now more than ever, communication must break down cultural barriers, enhance intercultural understanding, and help communication professionals add value to not only their organizations, but to the global community as well.
The program will feature over 40 learning sessions, including keynotes, workshops, research papers, panel discussions and presentations, all seeking to understand what it takes to be an effective communicator in today’s global society.
Delegates will take in many professional development sessions, as well as participate in the numerous networking opportunities scheduled. We will be challenging all in attendance to break down cultural barriers throughout the conference, taking every opportunity to connect with people from around the world, whose diverse backgrounds and experiences will enrich our global communication strategies as a whole.
We look forward to seeing you there.
World Public Relations Forum - Past editions
The Global Alliance’s signature program, virtually from the organization’s inception, has been its biennial assembly of public relations and communication professionals from around the world to examine major issues affecting the profession and affected by the profession.
The World Public Relations Forum has become a unique opportunity to gather professionals with academics and students from across the world, to produce important outcomes for the advancement of the profession and share best practices.
- 1st World Public Relations Forum, Rome, Italy, 2001
- 2nd World Public Relations Forum, Trieste, Italy, 2005
- 3rd World Public Relations Forum, Brasilia, Brasil, 2006
- 4th World Public Relations Forum, Cape Town, South Africa, 2007
- 5th World Public Relations Forum, London, United Kingdom, 2008
- 6th World Public Relations Forum, Stockholm, Sweden, 2010
- 7th World Public Relations Forum, Melbourne, Australia 2012
- 8th World Public Relations Forum, Madrid, Spain, 2014